New term: Defensive misgendering.
When a trans person misgenders a cis person in retaliation for the latter’s cissexist actions, especially wrt invalidating trans people’s genders or experiences of them.
Also retaliatory misgendering, when you respond to a cis person’s misgendering you by misgendering them right back.
I’ll go back and add warnings to my older posts on this, and also use tags. Savior #defensive misgendering if you don’t want to see me deliberately misgender cisfucks.
I’ve had someone suggest I do this to the people at the outpatient program I was in one time. Of course I pretty much see them all saying either “But I’m actually my gender!” or “You’re just as bad as you’re making me out to be!”
- disabledbyculture likes this
- cloudsandstuff likes this
- lavenderlabia said: this is a good way of looking at it, actually - ignore my comment on your other post :) you might be onto something here!
- bubbybobble likes this
- tal9000 reblogged this from freedominwickedness and added:
- greenishenvy likes this
- thevoiceagainst likes this
- abatado likes this
- southcarolinaboy reblogged this from tal9000 and added:
- purplegoesbothways reblogged this from tal9000 and added:
- tal9000 posted this